My "portrait a week project" is now going to be modified a bit and will sometimes be a "written" portrait, or a photographic portrait! This one is the written kind.
Little Bean can now climb his way all the way up the stairs
and it is one of his favourite things to do!
I had been considering the possibility of moving into an apartment style
condo in the next year or so because it seemed like it would make life easier,
but now if I did that I would be taking away this important activity from my
very active little baby. He needs that
exercise and excitement in his day! So
it was a good thing for both of us to discover.
I went to the dentist this past week and as I do to all my appointments,
I took him with me. Granny sat with him
in the waiting room and this went well for a while, but then he got frustrated
from not being able to move around (Granny isn't too steady on her feet these
days so she couldn’t take him out in his stroller unfortunately). Bean let out a wail which I heard from the
dentist chair so I went to calm him and then left him with Granny again and went
back to the dentist chair. The respite
was short lived however and after more wailing and walking him up and down the
hallway of the dentist office, we finished up my appointment with him sitting
on my chest while the dentist and hygienist worked as quickly as possible to
get their work done. So what do you think
the reaction of the staff and patients in that office was? Amazingly to me, they seemed to not mind it
one bit, in fact they seemed to really enjoy it. It’s probably very rare to have a 9 month old
in the office and they all cooed and admired him. They reassured me that nobody minded it, and
the one male dentist came out of his office to say how gorgeous a baby Bean is
and how having him there reminded him of how much he missed his own children
being that age. Sometimes I think
hearing a baby crying and even screaming touches a really fond place inside of
us. We’re delighted by the pure
uninhibited expression of it and maybe it gives us a vicarious scream as well. Who knows?
No comments:
Post a Comment