Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Remembering the music of my tweens
When I was a tween, before the word "tween" even existed, I loved all the music of the day including the Bee Gees, Olivia Newton John, Queen, Styx and so much more. We lived in England at the time and nobody in our house or anyone else's ever missed a Thursday night sitting of the "Top of the Pops" on the telly. People needed to know which bands would be playing live that night and which band or artist would win the number one spot for that week. It was a ritual, if not a religion. Over these past Christmas holidays my older brother reminded me of a request I had made during those years for the new Andy Gibb album and he DID NOT want to get it for me. It just wasn't his style, but he told me he had reasoned that since he would be back at University after Christmas, he wouldn't be around the house to hear it so he did get it for me after all. Ha! I need to add here for the millenials, that this was in the day when nobody ever used headphones or earbuds and if you wanted to play a record, everybody else in that room or nearby would have to listen to it too. I had completely forgotten about my affinity for that artist and record, so over it am I now, the crush part that is ;-). But I was really happy that he reminded me of it and as a result this afternoon I have been reliving some of my favorites of that time, now available on Youtube. Here is some of that gold. You are welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment