Saturday, August 16, 2014

And we're back...

This week was my first back to work.  I took Bean in to his new home daycare on the first day and took that day off and then went back to work on the next day.  He did a bit better on the second day than on the first, eating and drinking a bit more and sleeping too albeit only in the caregiver T's carrier.  This is the trouble with a co-sleeping baby who then has to transfer to daycare.  He has almost never slept in a crib and so he is used to being held until he falls asleep.  It is also just a matter of him getting used to a new environment and new caregiver.  It is a whole lot for him to adjust to.  Later in the week she was able to get him to sleep in the stroller and I think she may have settled on that method since carrying him around all the time will start to get a bit tiring when you're not used to carrying a baby all the time (or even when you are). God bless her for having a carrier and for being willing and able to use it.  Bean still caught a very bad cold and of course Mum now has it too.  The start of many so I hear.  It was hard to leave him there that first day, and the second too.  We had one day off mid-week to give us both a break and then back we went to our places on Friday.  He was a bit better but still somewhat out of sorts when I picked him up on Friday.  I am working with the caregiver on making sure he eats the things his system is used to etc.  She is very open to that kind of thing and so I am hoping this will all improve in the next little while.  I am still interviewing child care centers for when he becomes a toddler (18 months) to make sure we have our next moves planned. Onwards we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment