Well, after having Bean's eczema under control for a good year, it has now come raging back to even greater proportions. Although the Vaseline was the best thing for a long time, it is no longer enough and we are now onto Shea butter, after I found an affordable one pound brick portioned product at a local health food store. Bean refers to it as "the new Vaseline" and asks for it specifically. The previous jar I had was $20 for about half an ounce, so although it was nice to use, it wasn't going to work cost or quantity wise. In addition to this change, I am putting flax oil into his milk, and trying different fish oil products again hoping to find ways he will take it.
I am also trying to figure out what caused this flare up. The only triggers I can see are the very cold weather, and a stressful period he has been going through at daycare over the past few weeks with not wanting to go there at all in the mornings. He is getting over that period now post Christmas break however. I think he really just needed a break from the day after day of it all, like we all do. The daycare recently switched him to rice milk from coconut milk, at my request, because I thought it had more nutrients in it. The downside is that he has been getting a reduced amount of fatty acids for about a month, so I am now considering asking them to switch back to coconut milk. I brought them a container of it this morning for him to drink for today. I haven't switched my detergent nor is he wearing any new outfits against his skin. I'm just hoping to reign this one in as fast as possible. Will let you know how it proceeds. I kept him home from daycare yesterday just to look after him and to have a nice low-stress day together. I so love those days together.
No comments:
Post a Comment