Saturday, May 25, 2013

38 week update

I had my 38 week apointment at the hospital yesterday morning.  I got there for 10:00am because I always have my apointment at that time, but after waiting an hour, it turned out my apointment was for 11:00am.  I was a bit annoyed because I was so tired  this morning, I really would have liked to sleep in a bit more.  It's funny how my dreams have changed so much in the last month or so.  Maybe I have another brain processing things along with me, sharing my dream world so to speak!  I do seem to have broadened in my scope of thoughts.  Its cool.

So all is well as far as my check up went.  My blood pressure is a little bit up from where it has been, so the doctor sent me for blood work.  I also have been so very tired in the past week, sleeping several hours most afternoons, so maybe my iron is still a bit low, although I have been taking extra iron tablets - maybe not enough though?  We'll see by my next week apointment what the answers are to those questions.  Also my hands are very stiff and sore when I wake in the night and in the morning.  The doctor says this is related to lower protein in the blood which is common in pregnancy and results in increased fluid build-up.  Probably the same thing with my feet.  Raising my feet on a pillow when I sleep has improved that situation, although the doctor says that it just means the fluid has gone somewhere else.  All this goes away after baby is born apparently.  Other than that, baby passed his non-stress test in record time, showing his moves and manoevers.  Such a good boy he is! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to be here Katie. I am SOOOOOO excited for you. I can hardly believe it's gone by so quickly...though probably not so much for you!

    I'll be following along and praying that everything goes smoothly and that the transition to motherhood is an awesome one!!

    Many blessings Katie!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete