Thursday, May 30, 2013

39 weeks today!

He's still remaining put so far!  He moves regularly which is very reassuring but he still seems content in there.  That is fine with me too.  I still have things to get done, but my days are finally becoming a bit more relaxed.  I am on my third week off from work now, so finally I must be separating from my work life, although I still log on to the network every once in a while to check e-mail and communicate when I have to.  Once my official mat leave starts and I am off the network, that'll be even better.

I spent a good part of the past two days getting my income taxes done, and then researching baby monitors this morning reading all the reviews to see what comes out on top.  I really like the babycenter website where you can read dialogue between people, and I like the comments where people say:  "Oh, we bought one but we almost never use it since the baby sleeps in our room",  or "we tend to only need it if we're out in the yard or doing laundry in the basement, otherwise we can hear him from most places in the house".  Another good one is:  "We bought the cheapest kind, or the kind that was on sale at the time and it has been wonderful for all three of our kids".  Those are the kinds of things I find very helpful.  Someone said that she ordered it through one of her points cards.  That's what I'm going to look into next!  One comment that kind of disturbed me was a lady who said she could see on the video monitor that her baby looks around the room to find her when she talks to him through the intercom.  I don't want to do that.  I want the baby to associate my voice with the rest of my body.  It seems to me that it could be pretty stressful for such a little baby to have an intercom dialogue to deal with, on top of all the other learning things there are.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment